In my recumbent cycling life (which started in mid-2007) I have owned two recumbent trikes and four velomobiles.
Over the years I have written lots of blog posts about these bikes, including information about servicing, maintenance, fitting electric motors and more. A listing of all the relevant posts is below – trikes first, then velomobiles.
If you want to see a list of tours done with these various bikes, please look at Cycle Tours (which include day rides).
Alfie the ICE Sprint
• Alfie the trike is here!
• A new home for Alfie!
• Alfie going in for repair… well, his back wheel.
• Servicing the Alfine 11 hub gear (using the wrong oil)
• Servicing the Alfine 11 hub gear (using the correct oil)
• 10,000 miles of slow sprinting!
• A winter service
• A Heath Robinson repair for rattly mudguards!
• Changing the Alfine 11 sprocket
• Fitting a replacement chain tensioner
• How to bake, boil, freeze and drown your brakes
• Replacing the track rods on my ICE Sprint
• Alfie gets another Alfine
• New touring luggage – Radical Banana Bags (Large)!
• Cycling with the dog on board
• How to remove a stubborn wheel!
• 40,000 miles and a change of tyres
• And another Alfine hub change, plus new rim and spokes, after some leakage. It’s now a black hub!
• Alfie gets an electric motor
Penelope the Versatile
Millie the Milan GT
Auntie Helen buys another Velomobile
Fitting a Schlumpf Mountain Drive into a Milan Velomobile
Pimp my Milan (some adjustments at emvelomobiel.be in Belgium)
Millie Goes Electric: fitting a Bafang electric motor